This link will take you to the Note Identification section of Musictheory.net. If you need help setting the parameters for your instrument, please see Mr. Bowling or Ms. Bray.
Remind is the application-based texting/email service that we will use for real-time announcements and updates. For example, “7th grade will NOT need their instruments today.” We STRONGLY encourage both students and parents to use this service as this will be our primary means for getting information to you quickly. You do NOT have to have the app to use the service. Below are instructions on joining each group:
Charms is our new information management system. We will be using this in place of binders full of paper. We ask that you take the time to enter the site and provide/update the required information. Don’t worry, the site is encrypted and secure. Here are the instructions for entering the site for the first time:
How to access parent/student information in Charms
- Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click “ENTER / LOG IN” in the upper right corner.
- Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
- Login to your student’s program account using the following School Code:
- This will bring up the main “Public” page. This will allow you to look at the “public” calendar for your organization, event list, and handouts and other “publicly shared” files, as well as a few other options.
- The first time you go here, enter your child’s ID NUMBER (THIS WILL BE YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL ID NUMBER) into the Student Area Password field. You will be directed to the Change Password screen, to set a personal password different from the ID, for future use. You may also be directed to create both a unique Username and Password for the student. There are also mechanisms to recover/reset a lost Username/Password – when you create your new password, create a “hint” as well.
- Whenever you enter using this Username/password, another more detailed screen appears, with various button options for you to access areas in the Charms account. What appears here is partially up to the Account Administrator or Head Director.
- Update Personal Information – if the director has allowed it, you may help make changes to your and your child’s student information page (such as updating phone numbers / cell carriers and email addresses if they change) to help them communicate with you more effectively. You may also be able to indicate which parent volunteer/resource groups you would like to participate in, if this feature is activated. Click Update Info to save changes.
- You may also see links to enter Practice Logs, view Grades, and use the Recording Studio if the teacher has enabled these options.
- The Calendar may list events, rehearsals, and volunteer/RSVP opportunities.
- Most importantly, the parent page assists both you and the teacher to communicate with each other. Stay up to date on what’s going on with your student!
- You can also download the Charms App to your smartphone – search your App Store for “Charms Parent/Student Portal” (or “Charms Blue”). It’s the way to stay in touch on the go!
KMS Ensemble Forms
- Percussion Ensemble
- Karns Middle School Winter Guard Handbook