- Ankle length, solid black leggings
- Crew neck, solid black t-shirts
- Socks and good running tennis style shoes for cardio
- Hair must be pulled out of face and up in a tight ponytail or bun (including bangs if long)
- Deodorant is a must!
- Rehearsal attire is to be washed on a regular basis
- No leggings with mesh, holes, rips, cut-outs, logos, decals, pockets or bright color anything
- NO tank tops, drop shoulders, spaghetti straps, low-cut front or back neckline, rips, holes, decals, logos, hoodies, pockets or bright color anything
- NO shorts allowed of any kind; this include wearing leggings under the shorts
- No turner, foot thongs, or jazz allowed at rehearsals or competitions
- NO socks will be worn after cardio is complete. Socks are the #1 reason for members to fall and get hurt.
Rehearsal Policies & Procedures:
- Each member is to arrive in full rehearsal attire no later than 3:50
- All equipment will be in set positions, folded properly and ready for rehearsal
- Cardio is a big part of a performance. We will be providing each member proper technique on how to increase their cardio ability.
- NO GUM allowed at rehearsals
- Cell phones will not be allowed at rehearsals. We have a secure area in our guard room that each member will be assigned. Cell phones will be in a locked room during rehearsals. If any emergency arises, please contact Mrs. Allen (contact info provided once rehearsals begin)
- NO SPINNING of any equipment while directors, instructors, teammates or guests are talking.
- NO TALKING when instructions are being given. If you talk, you may miss important information. Be respectful to everyone!
- During rehearsals, the instructors will tell you to RELAX. You are not allowed to move until this word is said. This teaches you how to hold still and complete the performance.
- Put the needs of the ensemble ahead of your own whenever possible.
- Come to rehearsals with a growth mindset (ex: “I can’t!” instead say “I can’t yet!”
- Be responsible for your own actions
- Always use good manner (please, thank you, etc.)
- Be an encourager instead of someone who tears others down
- Treat others as you want to be treated
- Always have a positive attitude
- Be respectful to all
- If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all
- Have an open mind and willingness to learn something new
- Unkind words, harsh words, and/or pfrofanity of any kind, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! You are a role model and you never know who is listening.
- You are a representative of the Karns community, ETPAA circuit and our school. You are responsible for your behavior and actions in all places and situations. Remember to use “TheKarnsWay”. If you are unsure of this policy, ask and we will be happy to provide you the details.
- Each member and/or parent is expected to be positive to all performers at all competitions. Never give unsolicited, constructive, or negative feedback.
- Remember, you may be talking about someone’s family member near by and this is not how we want to represent ourselves.