Good morning, band family! I hope your Fall Break has been filled with rest and fun. I am writing to give you some information regarding the very busy week that we are going to have when we get back to school.
Several things are happening on Monday, October 15.
- Our annual cookie dough fundraiser will begin. For those of you who are new to our program, this fundraiser constitutes the bulk of our annual income as a band program. Funds are used to pay for sectional instructors throughout the year, as well as music and instruments. We ask that ALL band students participate by selling at least 5 items. Our incentive prizes come in the form of Amazon gift cards (not mustache combs, fidget spinners, etc.) and will be based on overall dollars in sales. Here is the breakdown of prizes:
- Top overall seller regardless of grade level: $100.00
- Top Seller in each grade level: $50.00
- “Cash Grab” for every 5 items sold. Students will draw out of the prize box. Prizes include $30.00, $20.00, 10.00, $5.00, and an entry into the $50.00 lottery.
- Monday will also be the first day for Percussion Ensemble and Winterguard auditions. Auditions will be every day that week. Students will come to the band room at 3:45 (bus hall) and will be finished at 6:00. Attendance is mandatory for those students that wish to participate in these groups.
Also, a reminder about our holiday concert dates. Please be sure to reserve these dates and times for these mandatory performances.
6th Grade: Friday, December 7. 6:30 PM, KMS Gym
7th and 8th Grades: Friday, December 14. 6:30 PM, KMS gym.
Enjoy the rest of your break!