Students will not need their instruments this Friday. If you are renting an instrument from a music store and have the ability to transport that instrument home, please make plans to take it home Thursday after school.
You Tube tutorials of the first necessary elements for auditions are now loaded. Register HERE is you haven’t already to start preparing for 2020 season auditions!!
The $10.00 audition fee for the ETSBOA Junior Clinic Honor Band is due this Friday, October 4. Please make checks payable to KMS Band.
Any student interested in participating in the Winter Guard or Indoor Percussion Ensemble this 2020 season should attend the parent/informational meeting on 10/17/19. We will discuss budgets, schedules, audition requirements, and show concepts. Please register for the unit you are interested in to get information ahead of time! Registration for Indoor Percussion Register for Winter […]
The 6th and 7th grade Spring Concert has been changed to Tuesday, May 12. Call and performance times remain the same.
I have updated the Band syllabus to reflect the mandated changes in grading percentages. Performances and playing tests will now account for 60% of a student’s grade, while daily participation will comprise the remaining 40%. I have also added language regarding daily preparedness and concert participation.
Despite my best efforts, I am unable to transfer the video of the meeting off of the IPad and onto this site. The only other recording of the meeting was a live-stream, and it is available on the Karns Middle School Band Facebook page. I apologize for the inconvenience.