Now that we are well into the year, I thought I would send a message with some “thank you”s and a sew reminders about upcoming events.
- To all those who participated in the Cookie Dough fundraiser. While we didn’t meet our target in sales, we were able to bring in enough to provide music for each of the ensembles, and (hopefully) a couple new instruments for next year.
- To the KHS Marching Band for taking a special trip over to to KMS for a KILLER concert for our Band students and a few extras.
- The KMS Band website is now our Primary means of information distribution. Important announcements, a calendar of events, and important documents can all be found there. Additionally, you can subscribe to the “post” section, and you will receive an email when new posts are added. I will be sending fewer of these emails and increasing the number of posts on the site.
- The last day to draw for fundraiser prizes is this Friday.
- Cookie dough delivery will be Tuesday, November 27. All orders MUST be picked up on this day. We do not have cold storage for any of these items. I will send an email and a Remind message when the items are ready for pickup. Usually, they are ready around 1:00 PM. I will stay at school until 4:30 for those who wish to pick them up after school. Students are welcome to take their orders on the bus, as long as the order can fit in their lap.
- Our concert dates are as follows:
- 6th Grade – Friday, December 7 (Schedule to follow)
- 7th and 8th grades – Friday, December 14 (Schedule to follow)
- Please be obtaining the clothing items for your child’s new band uniform. These items are:
- Black slacks or knee-length skirt (no leggings, athletic wear, or black jeans are acceptable).
- White top with no logos or color (Either long or short sleeve polos and button-ups are fine).
- Sneakers (nothing that lights up or has wheels) or dress shoes
Please do not feel that these items need to be new or expensive. I would recommend that you start at a thrift shop and go from there.